Crochet guild of america

There are quite a few people here who are members. Some are even professional members.

I don't have a local group, but I'm still a member. Among the member benefits are a subscription to Crochet! magazine, discounts at various online stores, and discounted rates if you're able to attend the yearly conferences/classes. There's also a yahoo group for members. There is also a Master Crocheter certification class, a lending library (not sure if this is operational again), and more. You would have to decide if these things are important to you.

I also like knowing that I'm helping a non-profit organization keep the art of crochet alive and well with my membership dues.

The guidelines have changed recently, and now you only need one national CGOA member in order to start a local chapter. So you could even think about trying to start a local CGOA chapter. Your local members don't HAVE to be members of the national group, but I think it would be beneficial to them.

I joined three (or so) years ago so that I could do the masters program. Wow, when I completed that I felt so much more confidence that I could tackle any crochet challenge.

Since then I've met people in CGOA that have become some of my best friends. I like that as a member I'm keeping crochet alive, well, active, and visible. Crochet has been a common "thread" ( :eek I can't believe I said that :rofl ) in my family for generations and as a member of CGOA I feel like I'm helping to ensure that further generations will have the same experience.

:bounce

Archived