How Do I Line My Haekelbeutel ?

Ninn

I asked in the CAL thread, but I'm asking out here cuz I have 5 of these bags to get lined and 4 more to make and line before Christmas! HELP!!! I am almost ready to cut strips of fabric the same length and width as the strips of squares and assemble them the same way as the bag, then sew them to the edge before I do the trim and straps. Am I on the right track? I really need to know. I am making 9 as gifts and finally one for myself...................lol

Nope, that's not how I lined mine.

This is what I did:

1) crochet the squares together and attach handles.

2) laid completed purse on newspaper and drew around the bag.

3) add about 1/2 inch for seam allowance and cut out newspaper pattern.

4) made a separate pattern for the bottom of bag - this gives me 3 pattern pieces - a front, a back and a bottom.

5) cut out lining for straps - double size + 1/2 inch for seam allowance and sew strap lining on straps.

6) if putting in a pocket or magnetic snap - do it now.

7) sew front & back lining together, then sew bottom on.

8) with crochet bag turned inside out, attach lining. I did it with a sewing machine with matching thread - thread doesn't show.

I have pics on the crochet along of the purse & lining. I hope this helps.

Pam

I thought about this, but I can never get my bags to lay flat! Should I wash them first and then wash the fabric before using? I'm really stressing about this right now and Just can't seem to get it right. Now I have a deadline and my squares are starting to show it. Grrrr............

I want to post a pic. I need to post a pic. I just moved and cannot find my camera!!!! Life is having her way with me today, I swear it........lol!

Archived