Crochet & Knitting in City of Ember!

Twinsmom

Has anyone else seen City of Ember yet? The movie was kinda so so. However, the main character has a dotty grandmother who has yarn stretched all over her apartment. :cheer It only shows a child knitting briefly but there are a bunch of granny square crocheted afghans hanging in the apartment and the girl and granny wear what look like knitted sweaters a lot. There's a scene where the granny is very sick. I leaned over to my 10 y.o. twin sons and said, "At least she's surrounded by her yarn." I got the big eye roll for that one!

Apparently I'm the only one who has seen it! Oh well. I would actually recommend a knitter or crocheter watch it just for the yarn and knitting in it. Isn't that scary?

My favorite scene is where the girl can't find her little sister in the yarn-draped apartment. So her granny hands her a blue strand of yarn to follow till she finds her. I can so relate!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Twinsmom,

I saw City of Ember too. (The book was so good and the movie was so disappointing). While I was watching it I wondered if anyone would post to Crochetville about it! Wow, our brains are just programmed a bit differently.

BTW, I am reading the sequel called The People of Sparks right now.

Denise

Archived