Need help with directions..

Guest jkeith03

Question

Guest jkeith03

I am tying to make baby roller skates and in the directions it says...

Rnd 4: Sc in next 13[16] sts,(sc next 2 sts tog) 5 times........ what does the tog part mean?

I am ok with simple stitches and am trying to branch out and do more exciting things. I have my first granddaughter due in April and want to make neat stuff for her!! :ty

5 answers to this question

Hi! tog means together. I"ll try to explain it, but I think there is a tutorial that could help more.

single crochet together is: put your hook through the first stitch and draw up a loop. without completing the stitch, Insert hook into second stitch and pull up loop. three loops on hook. Pull yarn through all three loops. Does that make sense?

I hope you stick around. I"d love to see those roller skates when they are done!

Amber

Guest jkeith03

Yes Amber! That does make sense! Thank you for your help! I'll be here and I can't wait to get these done. A neighbor in Texas gave my daughter a pair of these when she was born, and I have no idea what happened to then over the years. I saw a pair on E-Bay that I could buy, but I would rather learn how to make them. There are a lot of babies due in my world this year, and I thought this would be a great shower gift!

Archived