crocheted top hat

could someone tell me where i can find a crocheted pattern of a top hat for a stuffed bear or turkey. i have a pattern of a crocheted turkey but i dont have the hat pattern. dont remember who i got it from. can someone help me. please

I think you could possible create your own top hat. Crochet a ring of 6 sc, increasing 6 st each rd, until it is the size you want for the top of the hat, then sc (without increasing) in the back loop for 1 round. This will create a ridge to define the top from the side of the hat. Then just sc in the round to create the side of the hat until the desired length. For the brim, this might need a little experimentation, but probably just doing 2 sc in each st for the 1st round might do it, and if needed then on the next round, 2 sc in the 1st st, 1 sc in the next and rept around.

By the way, is it possible to share the turkey pattern? I don't know if it is a copy-writed item or not. I'm always looking for things to make for my sr crafting group as we make things to sell for charity purposes.

Archived