Felted items and pilling

Hey y'all-

I've made a felted purse for myself out of Patton's Classic Merino Wool (similar to the one I made for my mom here.) It came out absolutely beautiful (if I do say so myself), but I've noticed that it's beginning to get fuzzy and pill. For those of you who have made felted items, especially purses, have you noticed this happening, as well? Does it matter what type of wool you use? For example, if you have felted with both Pattons and Noro, does one or the other pill less as time goes on? The bag itself is still beautiful...I think it just needs a good shave...kinda like my husband on the weekend... :lol

PS: Does it matter if it is washed inside out?

This is interesting. I have made quite a few of the fiber trend knitted clog slippers. I mostly use Paton's classic merino. Some of the clogs have pilled and some haven't. I wonder if it has to do with the color? All of the other felted items that I have made using other brands of yarn have been either sold or given away, so I can't say if they have pilled or not. I shave my slippers to keep the pilling down. I'm not sure if washing inside out would help...the inside would just get pilled then. Hopefully someone else will have better answers for you....

Archived