Alternative Uses for WIPs

Me, just like alot of folks have a ton (OK maybe not everyone has a ton - but I do ;)) of WIPs and UFO's. Over the weekend I came across one such project a turtleneck sweater that I started with one of the fancy bernat yarns. It was a pattern off one of the yarn sleeves that I think I started and then got stumped on and the project got put into my "I'll pick it up again when it starts behaving" bins.

So, I happened to be looking for something in my craft room and this project reared its ugly head. It just so happens that I brought the project upstairs. Mind you, I only had the back of the sweater finished, I must have started the front and frogged it becaust it was no where in site, nor was the yarn. this is also strange as I usually keep all the supplies for a project together. In any event, I brought up the lonely back of the sweater and set it on the book shelf (we have book shelfs on our head board) in my bedroom.

Well to my surprise our darling black fur baby kitty, who LOVES sleeping at night on the shelf above my head - found the shelf even more delightful with my half finished project under her. She has always been a very loud purrer (and she is only 5 lbs), well - last night she was sooo loud that our dog picked up on this and started whining in his crate :lol

I think she likes her new woobie and as such, I am abandoning all hope of finishing the sweater. I plan on sewing the sweater back along the long side and putting a bit of batting in there so she has an even softer shelf to sleep on.

So the morale of the story is this - if you have a WIP or UFO that you just don't know what to do with - hang on to it - it or someone/something you love will eventually tell you what to do with it.

This is Kit

Feliixandcats002.jpg

Kittens004.jpg

Archived