Floral Trellis Stitch

SlowCrocheter

Question

I really really want to learn this stitch. I found it in my 300 Crochet stitches but I can not figure out how. Has anyone had any luck?:yarn

I found an old post here about it but back them seems no one had any clue I am hoping someone has figured it out since then. If not I well beat this stitch it is so pretty and I want to make a head scarf with it and maybe a couple other things. I think it would make a great lacy shawl and scarf.:manyheart

Any help please or a link to a place that has the pattern written up so it can be understood?:hook

8 answers to this question

The whole thing. lol The pattern instructions are either wrong or I am just not reading it right. The very first part just does not look right. Maybe if it as just translated into regular pattern instructions like we see for patterns on the internet?

to me, this pattern is a good example of why the diagrams can be a real big help. (the diagram does start on the left which could be confusing if you are right handed, but it is actually upside down--see the instructions where it says you will turn to work on the underside of the flowers.) if you look at the diagram you can see how the flowers are built, with the bottom half created on one row and the top of the flower completed on the next row. are you familiar with the diagram symbols? to me they look like outline drawings of the stitches they represent. a couple of references for you to check: http://www.dmc-usa.com/majic/pageServer/1j010000iq/en_US/Reading-Crochet-Instructions.html

http://grannys-garret.com/symbol_crochet/symbol_crochet.html

so for this pattern--

you start out by chaining 7, then join the last 4 chain to form a small ring. then ch 3 and make 2 dc into the ring, and ch 3 to get back down to the ring where you sl st; that completes one petal. to start the next petal you ch 3 and do 2 dc into the ring (the final ch 3 of this petal is not done until row 2). next you ch 10, of which the first 3 ch form a link of the "trellis" between the flowers, and the next will form the edge of a petal, and the last 4 form the ring of the next flower. to form that ring you sl st in the 4th ch from the hook. now you are just repeating what you did on the first flower: ch 3, 2 dc into ring, ch 3, sl st in ring, ch 3, 2 dc in ring. next you ch 10 again to get to 3rd flower. (this is my own words, written from my interpretation of the diagram)

Does that help at all?

Just from reading what you post it sounds so much easier. Ill have to try it out see how it goes. Thank you so much.
You are welcome, hope it works out for you! If you need more input, just ask...lots of crocheters here to help out:hook

What is the pattern number in the book?

Demet

300 Stitches is the one that has names for the stitch patterns; it is on page 56. It is four-petaled flowers joined by chains.

Archived