cable square?

starywary

Question

Well, I've decided to begin my first attempt at a blanket. I'm just going to make a patchwork one, so I figured to keep things simple and to practice a variety of stitches, I would just make a bunch of different granny squares and various other 6 " ( I think that's the size I want to go with) squares, probably all from the Crochet Pattern Central list of squares.

But one square I know I want to make several of to put in the blanket is just a plain cable stitch square. I looked on the list of all different size squares from CPC, but unless I missed it, I couldn't find a pattern for a plain cable one. Does anyone know of a simple beginner's cable pattern?

Also, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for my first blanket, please let me know. I have just gotten so bored working on this one project that I need the variety of making a lot of small squares of new and different patterns. Thank you!

2 answers to this question

I don't recall seeing a cable stitch square, most afghans I've seen with cables are either made in 1 piece or have cables in strips. Maybe you could do a search on 'cable' in CPC(not just look in the squares section) and adapt a portion of a cable pattern from an afghan, scarf, headband or sweater into a square the size you want.

Archived