Going to try doing some fillet crochet

faithpa76

Question

any tips? I've done some reading up on it, this is my kind of stuff, I think, looks like I'll be fine ;) but no harm in getting tips before starting. I'm a little worried about keeping the open/filled blocks even. :thinking1

I'm going to be doing an afghan for a wedding present ... waiting for the mail to come with my book and yarn :mail I can't wait ... any suggestions on a simple (ie. smaller) pattern to get myself started? (Yes, I know this isn't the pattern request section ... but didn't want to split stuff up ... hope that's okay?).

1 answer to this question

I'm doing a filet chart for hubbys "surprise gift" over in the thread along group, and its the first one i've ever done, My only tip would be to make sure you count those squares and make sure you follow the directions on which way you are supossed to work each row :bad I had to frog my 2nd row 3 times before I got it right :blush and as i keep telling him....he'd better love it or i'll pay for the divorce :lol and i'm only half kidding :rotfl other than that, so far I LIKE the fillet crochet, it seems to work up pretty quickly to me!!

Archived