is this stitch a right choice for the yarn

If you are having problems with the stitch in that yarn then I would try another stitch personally. If that happens to me I usually end up frogging it LONG before the projects finished just because the yarn is difficult and I can't see what I'm doing very well.

It looks like fun yarn though!

Is that a ribbon type yarn, like incredible? I did a lovers knot triangle shawl out of that. The ribbon will twist up easily and you have to untwist it periodically if you don't want a bunch of twists in your work. I put a light beaded edging around the two long edges, and it opened up the knots for display beautifully. It also made the piece turn out to be way bigger than I thought it was!

I did also try doing lovers knots with ribbon yarn in a rectangle, and I found the knots wouldn't really open up as nicely for wear. So I frogged it. :frog

Lovers knots / solomon's knots do work up beautifully in plain yarns if you want to do something simple in plain yarn to get used to the stitches first.

yes its a type of ribbon yarn......it has a litttle bit chunky yarn ...a little bit of lace and some fun fur.....i tried many stitches....i liked this one better.....it does some justice to the yarn but ofcourse not the stitch.....i am still so confused....any other stitch suggestions???....i was thinking of trying a tunisian.....may be a long stitch

yes its a type of ribbon yarn......it has a litttle bit chunky yarn ...a little bit of lace and some fun fur.....

From what you're describing, it sounds to me like any stitch is going to be overpowered by the yarn itself. IOW, you won't really see the stitch as much as the yarn. So I would think that ANY stitch would work.

My suggestion? Do a swatch with a bunch of different stitches in it and see what you like the best.:hook

Archived