So I'm making this poncho, and...

navymom

Question

There is a round missing in the instructions, Round 6.

Reversible Tunic Poncho

I contact the company and ask about it, and in the e-mail I got they suggested I go to a Michael's store and have someone help me! I don't need help with the pattern, it's the pattern that needs help! If someone has a suggestion on how 6 should go, I would be grateful.

Or else I think that I'll just rip out Rounds 5a and 5b and just continue in pattern with a single color stripe.

4 answers to this question

I would try working rnd 2 for rnd 6, with increases as needed. Haven't looked at it extremely close, but with the repeats after round 7, I would say a similar round to round 2 would be in place here.

Also rnd 2 notes and in following rounds, so I am thinking this is the missing round.

I noticed that there were 2 round 5s. Maybe it is like when you have a tie for first in a race, there is no second place, just third.:think :think :think

I would have to actually do it to make sense of the pattern so I will print it off, if I can, and have a better look at it with my glasses on.:think :think :think

Colleen.

I printed the pattern and had a go at it.

Here is my take on it.

As far as I can tell, there is no advantage in putting another colour on the inside of the poncho. :think It would not really be reversible because the rest of the poncho would be inside-out.:think

If I was making it, I would just keep on in the 3DC groups pattern, with the corners and just do the contrast stripes in the same stitch, or if you want to do the round into the top of the DCs, just work right through the whole stitch and into the loop at the corners. Also, if you wanted a second contrast, just alternate the contrast rows or do them all different.

Sometimes the fiddle of these tricky patterns are just not worth the time they take. Simple is better.:hook

The KISS method works for me. Keep It Simple Suzy. I thought I should not say Stupid.:D

Hope you can understand my ramblings.

My motto is, "Why use one word when you can use the whole dictionary?":think

Colleen.

Smartcat, I looked at the pattern closer, too, and I agree that Round 2 looks like the missing round.

Aggie May, I understood your ramblings just fine. :cheer I agree with you on the reversible part. There will also be double thickness in those areas, so it might look odd.

I am just going to go with taking my two contrast yarns and going with alternate stripes, or something. We'll see how well my creative juices are flowing today! :devil

Archived