Question about using tulle for scrubbies...

I know some of you have used nylon tulle to crochet scrubbies. I'd like to try this and bought a rolle of 6" tulle at Joanne's today, intending to cut it into strips to crochet with.

I was wondering how wide you cut your strips and how do you attach one end of tulle to the other, when you run out.

Any and all help or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks. :hook

I cut my strips into 3 inches but you could cut it into 3 strips of 2 inches each. I just like using 3 inches cause it makes it a little bit thicker and it will probably last longer that way.

As far as attaching the strips. I usually just tie mine together. But honestly, since I've been using the rolls I don't tie them together at all.

Good Luck!!

Julee

Here's what I posted in another thread. Might be helpful.

"J" hook

Tulle (cut 6 inch strip into 3 inch strip. You double your yardage this way).

Make loop of choice, ch3

Rnd 1: Make 13 dc in loop, sl st to beg ch3. (14 dc)

This round is worked in Back Loops.

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in same st as sl st, 2 dc in each dc around. (28 dc)

(if it's not quite the size you want use the row below)

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc in same st as sl st, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) around, 2 sc in last sc. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off, weave in ends.

I also make a circle the same size, ending with the same amount of stitches as the first piece with cotton yarn and sc it to the first piece. It makes a real nice little scrubber and a great seller.

Thank you Julee! :hug I think I will try to make that scrubber as my first project. I'm working on a couple of RR afghans and am getting bored, those last few rounds take forever!! So I thought I'd make a couple of quick projects to satisfy my need to finish something, hopefully I'll get my RR mojo back soon. :hook

Archived