Bernat Baby shawl.[help please!]

I started this project.. Well first I couldn't find Bernat baby, so I decided to just utilize the baby bee yarn. and a size F hook...

Its Huge! i chained the 316 and its like sooooo big.. Then as i am working the pattern the ch 3's in the pattern are kinda bunching up and basically it looks NOTHING like the picture.. :think has anyone finished one of these and possibly have a pic of your FO? I can't really tell from the pic on the site if it will turn out that way, but wow is this going to be a pretty big baby shawl if I keep it up at this length.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=174

i counted on it being bigger because of the yarn difference and hook difference but it is really long. My big problem is the pattern itself. it just doesn't seem to sit well. I frogged it because it was just bugging me and i wanted to use the yarn for something else. But I was hoping maybe someone else had made it so I could see pics.

Bernat Baby is fingering weight, if I recall correctly. I've not made that one before, but it looks gorgeous.

Maybe you could do a swatch type thing...chain oh, 50 or so, and work according to the pattern as many repeats as you can fit (leave the leftover chains)...once you know how many sts a repeat takes, you can "shrink" the pattern by figuring out how many repeats you want out, mulitplying it by the number of sts each repeat took, and subtracting that from their total chain. Also by doing a swatch you might be able to see if you need to ch 2 instead of three (some people have really loose chains...I find I usually only need to ch2 for a dc, for example, instead of all 3) ...and you can get a few rows done faster to see if after a few rows it starts to behave itself :P.

Hope all that helps. :)

I looked at the pattern, and using the yarn and hook they ask for, it is still almost 4.5 feet at the longest point.

I agree with craziebunny about the hook size. Last night I was crocheting little tiny clothes for a 5" doll, and they were coming out a tad too big. :think I changed to the next size down and they came out perfect.:yay

My crocheting is neither too tight or too loose, so sometimes you just can't listen to what is on the package.

Archived