Wrong Side / Right Side

tazluvr

Question

I really don't understand how to work on the "wrong side" and then the "right side" ....How can you tell the sides apart?

I am reading a pattern for a baby blanket. It starts with Rnd 1 (WS) chain 2...blah blah blah.....then Rnd 2 (RS) chain 2...blah blah.....

I dont get it? Can someone help me out?!

7 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gif If you're working in rounds you are generally working on the right side.

If you're working on rows, when the tail from the foundation chain is in the lower left corner of the fabric, you are looking at the right side. :D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."

Joseph Chilton Pierce

I think the right/wrong side is whatever the designer says it is. Sometimes the pattern will look better from one side, but sometimes it's hard to tell, and sometimes you might prefer the wrong side. The main thing is to keep track of what side the designer says it is to help with following the pattern.

Samplelady is correct. Your starting chain, make the tail long , so as you work flipping back and forth, you would always know that the tail is on the far left bottom corner. If making a round , I always take a marker or a diff. color of yarn and tie it on the front, so when I hook it all together later, I can tell which is right and wrong.

Archived