Christmas 2008

marycathie

I am starting my 2008 crochet gifts this month.I am now working on a Round Ripple for my niece.I know this is early but I need all the time between now and December to do my list.Come join in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have started my list..........I need all the encouragement I can get.....

Red,White and Blue (Patriotic)

Round Ripples=

neice (Mary)

brother and sil (Sam and Donna)

nephew and wife (Charlie and Brandy)

other neice and husband (Brandie and Bobby)

Mom (Sara)

Son (Tony)

Regular Ripple=

using 2 strands,N hook,scrap yarns

Son (Ted)

I am just starting my christmas crochet as well. It's going to be tight, because there are so many birthdays in between. I need to sell enough baby stuff on DT to buy yarn for making Christmas stuff.....lol. It's a vicious circle. Even just getting slippers done for all the grandkids is going to be a challenge. (there are 8 now, i believe.)

Here's my list:

Slippers: Angela, Hailey, Bubba, Izaiah, London, Mark, Aislyn, and Jakob.

Market Bags: Brian, Penny

Crochet tote and felted hook cases: Kathy, Clancy

Afghan: Lisa and Ed, Pat and Don, Mom and Dad

Skirts or Longies for each grandchild, along with purchased tshirts

Slippers and Purse: Lizzie, Bethany,Kim, Lisa

In between there, I also still have to crochet for sale, and start dresses for Kim's wedding. She just added 3 bridesmaid dresses to the list!! How in the world am I gonna get 5 dresses crocheted on top of all this? I want to make my own to wear, as well as her gown, all her bridesmaids dresses, etc. (easy if she has her sisters as maids.) And to top it all off, Marky wants a dolly. So now I have to find a good crochet pattern for a doll and clothes that will stand up to a toddler dragging it everywhere. YAY, what fun.

And none of this includes time for gardening, canning or baking over the next 4 months. And I still need to get a job! There is not enough coffee in the world for this.

I am going to try to start my x-mas stuff this month! I've been working on blankets for Project Linus. I was think of making sockings this year. How is everyone else do???

:U

I am just starting my christmas crochet as well. It's going to be tight, because there are so many birthdays in between. I need to sell enough baby stuff on DT to buy yarn for making Christmas stuff.....lol. It's a vicious circle. Even just getting slippers done for all the grandkids is going to be a challenge. (there are 8 now, i believe.)

Here's my list:

Slippers: Angela, Hailey, Bubba, Izaiah, London, Mark, Aislyn, and Jakob.

Market Bags: Brian, Penny

Crochet tote and felted hook cases: Kathy, Clancy

Afghan: Lisa and Ed, Pat and Don, Mom and Dad

Skirts or Longies for each grandchild, along with purchased tshirts

Slippers and Purse: Lizzie, Bethany,Kim, Lisa

In between there, I also still have to crochet for sale, and start dresses for Kim's wedding. She just added 3 bridesmaid dresses to the list!! How in the world am I gonna get 5 dresses crocheted on top of all this? I want to make my own to wear, as well as her gown, all her bridesmaids dresses, etc. (easy if she has her sisters as maids.) And to top it all off, Marky wants a dolly. So now I have to find a good crochet pattern for a doll and clothes that will stand up to a toddler dragging it everywhere. YAY, what fun.

And none of this includes time for gardening, canning or baking over the next 4 months. And I still need to get a job! There is not enough coffee in the world for this.

wow! All I can say is....breathe! :)

I just wanted to welcome everyone.I can see I am not alone in my list of crochet items,not only for Christmas,but other stuff as well.Good Luck everyone.....

I have 14 rounds to go and I'll be done my first Round Ripple for this Christmas season....

A new grandbaby due this month....my son is coming home from Iraq for R&R soon and getting some much needed home repairs and yard work done...if it doesnt rain again!!

Everyone keep up the good work.....

• 5 months later...

Archived