Crocheting For Father's Day?

Has anyone been crocheting for Father's Day? I have.

Last November and December my father was in the hospital with COPD, pneumonia and interstitial bronchitis. His health is only so-so now because of it, so I thought I'd custom make him a neck / chest warmer. I'm happy with the way it has come out, so if he likes it, I'll make more.

I was going to crochet him some pinwheel coasters for his wine collection. He was also into the old tradition of chinese tea-making. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to crochet the set. I have to buy a board game that I know he would like instead. :blush

On the bright side, his birthday is in mid-July. :hook

Yup~ I have - I made him a crocheted edged polar fleece throw with my Edgerydoo. It is 13th one I have done since I got it!

But this one is extra special cuz the print on it was of an old time truck parked at a wooded lake and a father and little boy are fishing on a dock with a black lab dog watching as the dad shows the little boy how to put bait on the hook. It so reminded me of how my (now passed on) FIL would have taken the time with my dh - who WAS his fishin' buddy - that I had to purchase this panel to edge.

It came out so nicely and brought a little tear to his eye when he opened it!

Archived