Tiny Little Doll Booties

One of my loves is to crochet outfits for dolls, the smaller the better! I have some little dolls that are about and inch and a half long, lying on their bellies. I crochet panties and dresses for them from the crochet thread. I also buy dolls at yardsales and put them through the wash with laundry soap and about a cup of baking soda. If they have hair, I leave them out to dry. If they are plastic or cloth and have no hair I throw them in the drier. I do the same with stuffed animals, though they always go through the drier. I then squirt some hair conditioner onto a dry washcloth and thorw it in the drier with the dolls or stuffed animals. This causes them to smell good and come out buttery soft.

Okay, here is a pair of tiny booties I make for dolls that are about 6 inches tall. Feel free to post a picture!

Size: About 1 inch long and fits dolls about 6 inches tall.

Materials: Baby yarn, small amount; D crochet hook; yarn needle.

Ch5.

Rnd 1: 2 Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in nt 2 chs, 3 sc in end ch; working on opposite side of starting ch, sc in nt 3 chs, join with sl st in first sc: 10 sc.

Rnd 2: Ch1, sc in joining, 2 sc in nt sc, sc in nt 2 sc, 2 sc in nt sc, sc in nt sc, 2 sc in nt sc, sc in nt 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc, join: 14 sc.

Rnd 3: ch1, working in back lps only, sc in joining and in each sc around, join.

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in joining and in nt 3 sc, (dc nt 2 sc together) 3 times, sc in last 4 sc, join: 11.

Rnd 5: Ch1, sc in joining and in nt 3 sc, dc nt 2 dc together, working in same dc as last half of dec, dc this dc and nt dc together, sc in last 4 sc, join: 10.

Rnd 6: (Ch2, sl st in nt st) around, join with sl st in first sl st. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Tie: With same color or contrasting color, weave doubled strand through Rnd 5. Knot each end and tie into a bow.

Archived