Pet Blankets for Cats and Dogs

Aussie

I have found a great place in Melbourne Australia where you can donate knitted or crocheted blankets for the thousands of cats and dogs that they look after.

:cat :dog

This is what they say on their website.

Donations of pet food and blankets/towels are gratefully received and always appreciated! With over 20,000 dogs and cats being cared for at the Home every year, these items are always in demand!

• Blankets or towels. A warm and cosy bed makes the world of difference to a lost or abandoned cat or dog. (We prefer not to accept pillows, doonas, clothes, eiderdowns etc.)
  • Dog and cat food. If the Home does not have to spend money on pet food, it means we can allocate more funds in to our many essential services to help dogs and cats. Dry and tinned dog and cat food is always needed.
  • Run a Blanket & Pet Food Drive at work, school or your local club. This is a great way to support the dogs and cats and at the same time raise awareness for our work. We have posters available to help you promote your drive.
  • Knit, crochet or sew - blankets and/or dog coats. We receive many beautifully knitted and crochet blankets for the animals, lovingly made by our wonderful supporters. We always appreciate them, and it gives us great pleasure to give them to the dogs and cats.

http://www.dogshome.com/

I do the same thing here for the Humane Society in my area. I love doing it.. It makes me feel so good the know I am helping those poor babies that are so in need..

Archived