Lion Chenille

Stephanie

That Thick and Quick chenille feels SO good. I'm wondering how it holds up for softness washed and dried? I'm thinking of making an afghan out of it. Sales with the new colors will be coming out soon. Let me know what you think!

It is nice and soft, but I made a throw out of it and I hate it. The stitches just aren't staying in place. The pattern I used called for a P hook. Maybe if you use a smaller hook or maybe I just did a really poor job, I don't know. I just felt like it was expensive even on sale and I wasn't happy with the finished product.

I made the pattern for this throw:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cctq-stripThrow.html

I loved the way it worked up fast and the way it felt so soft...but when I wove the ends in they just wouldn't stay. To slippery or something, so they don't hide well. Weave long ones because you'll keep trimming just a little off so they don't stick out.

That's the same pattern I made and the ends coming out is one of the problems. It looks and feels nice but the stitches just don't want to stay in place (it's hard to describe) and I tend to crochet on the tight side so I don't think it's too loose. I just think if I were to use it again, I would use a smaller hook to tighten it up.

Archived