Babette in simply soft question

Those who have made a babette in simply soft I have a question. How much more does it add to the width and height of the blanket. I really want to do something like this for my dh before he goes back out to the carrier ( in 2 years so I got tonnnns of time. lol) but I want something that will fit a 6 ft man and cover him. TIA

I haven't made the babette but my recent experiance with simply soft makes me not want to use it for afghans ever agian. I made my nephew a ripple blanket recently and it's not holding up very well.

My SIL made my dd #3 a starghan out of Caron SS and she's 2 1/2 now, brings this thing with her EVERYWHERE EVERY DAY, it's been washed more times than I can count, and it's holding up wonderfully, no holes, no lost seams... and this thing gets a real work out :lol

I'm making a babette right now too shelleybean, but I'm using Bernat Super Value yarn, so not I can't help with what the dimensions will be sorry

My SIL made my dd #3 a starghan out of Caron SS and she's 2 1/2 now, brings this thing with her EVERYWHERE EVERY DAY, it's been washed more times than I can count, and it's holding up wonderfully, no holes, no lost seams... and this thing gets a real work out :lol

I'm making a babette right now too shelleybean, but I'm using Bernat Super Value yarn, so not I can't help with what the dimensions will be sorry

ohhh how is that working up. I put simply soft but i am open to other yarns. :lol

Um, I LOVE the bernat super value, it is very soft, feels great in my hands working with it, the pattern guage is the 2 round square = 1 3/4", with my yarn and my "I" hook that I'm using, my 2-rounds are 3"

Hope that helps... if you go the bernat super value, I ordered mine from Knitting-warehouse.com they have a GREAT price on it!

I am not sure if it's cause I used two strands or what but the ends keep comming out and it looks ratty he's only had it a month. My niece's blanket is holding up nicely used simply soft maybe it's the double strands

I am not sure if it's cause I used two strands or what but the ends keep comming out and it looks ratty he's only had it a month. My niece's blanket is holding up nicely used simply soft maybe it's the double strands

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not with the Simply Soft, but I think it depends upon what lot the yarn came from, and I'm not talking about dye lots. Some of the SS seems to be extremely splitty and difficult to work with, while some of it behaves more like RHSS, not splitting and going together much more easily. Even the finished pieces look different. The pieces made with the splitty type of SS look very loose and messy, while the others look nice and neat. I don't know why this happens with SS, but I have noticed this on several occasions over the last year or two.

Archived