Single Chain and Double Chain???

I was just watching a video on You Tube for a crochet blanket and the crocheter referred to Single Crochet and Double Crochet as Single Chain and Double Chain. Has anyone else ever heard these terms uesd. It just caught me completely by surprise and took me forever to figure out what she was talking about until I watched her make a SC while calling it single chain.

Life is sure never boring eh?:think

:wlol

Not exactly - single chain and double chain. But I did buy a pattern on ebay in which the designer kept saying to single crochet into the chain in the previous row, when there were no chains in the previous row. Via an exchange of emails, I found that what she was calling a chain was the top 2 threads of the single crochet in the previous row. Very puzzling and confusing. Hope I don't run into that again.

I have the Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework in there, and it mentions the double chain stitch... but it's a variation on the foundation chain, which makes the foundation sturdier, and can also be used alone as trim or a cord....

Archived