Crochet tips and tricks

Whew! Finally found this thread again. Thought it was just great and I wanted to think about what I could contribute here. One thing that helped me immensely-I put a dab of A&D ointment of my cuticles and finger tips. I had tried everything but still had deep cracks and bleeding cuticles from the dryness caused by yarn. And as a bonus, I found it helps dry cracked lips.

The other thing that I find really helpful is using clothes pins. I put one in the loop when I put up a project, when I have smaller amounts of yarn that I do not want to tangle, I wind them on a toilet tissue tube and put a clothes pin across the end.

Lastly, instead of making a large 'magic ball' , I add on once a week to an on-going project. Here is a picture of the baby yarn scraps. Started out as a coaster-but loved the pattern so much, I just keep adding to it. The original pattern was Camden something Coaster.

http://s.37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/ambercrafts/recycle%20repurpose/?action=view&current=002.jpg

I use Crystal Light or something similar tubes to keep my hooks in. They fit perfectly an travel well.

Instead of carrying around your original pattern (a book or whatever) make a copy of it and slide the copy into a protective plastic sleeve. Then you carry it everywhere, mark on it and not be worried if you happen to lose it. Also, be sure to mark the copy with essential information about what you are using, for example: Cébélia #20, Blanc; Boye hook #7; gauge is... If it is a no-pattern project, clip a small note to one of the starting edges with at least your hook information on it.

Archived