Little V-Stitch Blanket

Has anyone crocheted the little v-stitch blanket on Lionbrand? ( http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70119A.html?noImages= ) I was wondering how it turned out with other folks.

I hate v-stitches; mine always look funny to me, even though there's nothing really wrong with them. It's a quick pattern and doesn't use that much yarn (if you use a j or k hook! :eek), and I needed exactly that because I was invited to a baby shower that's one weekend away.

anyway, your comments are much appreciated. :D thanks

I haven't made this one, but some advice that I can give is to mark the last stitch of each row as you go so that you know where the end of the row is. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where to start the next row. :)

I made several of these last year for the charity I crochet for and will again this year. It's a quick and easy pattern and nice and light. I didn't use cotton yarn, just good old RH, and it came out great. Nice and fast.

Maybe put a few rows of double crochet in between to stabalize it? Say, 3 rows dc, 6 rows V-stitch, etc. Still a fast project. Do the dc rows in white, and v-stitch rows in colors for a rainbow color scheme?

:)

Okay, it's good to see that this turns out well for regular folks. :) I'm always leery about using a huge (in my perspective anyway.) hook with anything other than bulky. It's an irrational misconception, I know :/ But I always think to myself, "Omigosh, how is this ever going to hold up!?":P

Archived