Forced to crochet

My work place forced me into crocheting a scarf this Feburary. It get's cold during the night and I have to do rounds outside so my boss giggled at me when I started up crocheting a scarf at work to help keep my nose turning into ice, breaking and falling off my face. Granted, it never gets really cold on the gulf of Mexico but it is still cold to me:). Am I the only one who has had a need to do such a thing? And enjoyed every minute of it!

When I first was going with my DH, he kept his place so cold (below 60 degrees F) that I crocheted him an afghan so I'd have something to bundle up in when I'd come visit. Eventually he realised he had to turn the heat up just a little so I'd be comfortable.

Good for you that you thought of a project to help you get comfortable.

I remember working at a bank and in the summer, we all had very heavy knitted sweaters on, because it was so cold inside. And then you had to take them off before you went outside because it was almost 100 degrees out. It was crazy.

:manyheart

When I saw the title of this thread, I was shocked... but laughed when I read the post.

My feet get cold all year round... so I keep an afghan to throw over me. Never made a scarf, but seriously thinking about it because we do get some cold winters here... not often, but a scarf would come in handy when I go out.

Archived