Must have for Freeformers & Scrumblers

diamond

I just got this book in the mail! For anyone interested in freeform/scrumbles...you have to get it! It's called 'A New Look At Crochet'. Was published in 1975 by Crown Publishers, NY and written by Elyse Sommer & Mike Sommer. There's nothing 70s in it! It was written so far ahead of it's time. I don't even think the words 'freeform' or 'scrumbles' is even mentioned in the book but it's packed with both!! Tons of pictures! A definate must for your library!!!

A New Look At Crochet Price ranges from $8.44 to $25 at Amazon!

Go ahead, tempt me with another book! I have so many on my list now that I'l probably never get them all. Those books from the 70s can be awesome. Anybody want to buy me a hundred dollar copy of Modular Crochet?

Anybody want to buy me a hundred dollar copy of Modular Crochet?

uuuummmmmm.......nope

Well, I couldn't resist. I ordered the 8.44 copy of New Look at Crochet. Got it today, and it's fabulous. I guess it wasn't enough to kickstart a crochet revival, but there's so much in it that's right up to date today. Some of the pics aren't as good as they could have been, but it makes up for it with all kinds of techniques, and suggestions for taking off on your own. Definitely not for those who need to have a stitch by stitch pattern.

Archived