Things you see at walmart :-)

I got to say its not so odd. I have worked at a movie theater for five years now. I started talking to this really sweet 82 year old lady that brings her handicapped grandson in to see movies. She runs around town then will sit in the lobby till his movie is over. It turns out she used to teach crocheting in the local college here. And that is where I began my road of being a crochet nut. Now every time she comes I show her what I'm working on and she is always a helping hand. She even gives me better patterns for things I plan on making. I honestly think she is one of the most amazing people i have ever met:manyheart. Best part is that I have gotten a few co-workers crocheting now along with friends. And there are several movie go'ers that like to watch and talk about what we are making.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so reassuring to know that I am not alone in this world.....! I NEVER, EVER leave the house without at least one project in tow. There are so many wasted moments in life that turn into welcomed opportunities to create, WHEN you are prepared for them to happen! :yes

My husband usually gives the old :rolleyes, but I don't care. When the chips are down, I will be totally prepared to make the best of those moments! :wink

I got to say its not so odd. I have worked at a movie theater for five years now. I started talking to this really sweet 82 year old lady that brings her handicapped grandson in to see movies. She runs around town then will sit in the lobby till his movie is over. It turns out she used to teach crocheting in the local college here. And that is where I began my road of being a crochet nut. Now every time she comes I show her what I'm working on and she is always a helping hand. She even gives me better patterns for things I plan on making. I honestly think she is one of the most amazing people i have ever met:manyheart. Best part is that I have gotten a few co-workers crocheting now along with friends. And there are several movie go'ers that like to watch and talk about what we are making.

:c9 I love this story. It just goes to show how we can all come together in ways we never imagined, just by happenstance. So many different people affected by this one older lady and she's given you something that will be with you for the rest of your life. How uplifting is this?

~ Debby

Is there room for one more? I have a tote that goes with me sooner than my purse. If the trip is longer than 5 minutes I am crocheting. I don't mind if husband has to stop somewhere, I just wait in the car and crochet.

I like the idea of carrying a hook in my purse though. I use a zippered pencil case to hold all my hooks. It would easily fit in my purse.

I like to browse the yarns in any store, and on the internet. There are some nice sales on the net if you check consistently.

Happy hooking!

Tres

my family does not understand when i see someone crocheting or looking at yarn I MUST talk to them. Its like having an addiction once you get the "fix" its impossible to give up.

Me, too! Just last Tuesday, DH and I were driving home from DD's and stopped at a cafe in Mentor, OH, for breakfast. In the front there was a sitting area, and a crocheter and a knitter. I told DH, "Oh, I have to go talk to those women." The crocheter (also a knitter) was working on her first crochet project; the knitter (also a crocheter) was teaching the other woman how to crochet.

I carry my projects everywhere, too. You just never know...

I have a couple of hooks in my purse, just for back ups. Has anyone ever been in a yarn department and seen a skein with crocheting on it for sale? I have. I was at our local Meijers and there was a skein with a chain and sc attached to it. It was like someone tried it out and didn't like it.:shrug

That's a rude thing for them to do...

But I refuse to complain, seing as I got a six dollar cone of cotton for 25 cents because of a similar person... :hook

Archived