Finding local crocheters/knitters (DFW)

I'd really like to find a local group of crocheter/knitters to meet with. I've been trying to Google groups, but I keep getting meetup.com sites and my webfilter won't let me see the pages. (lol...)

I live north of DFW, and would love to meet up and/or start a sit 'n stitch club in the Allen/McKinney area. Anyone else interested, or have any idea on how to find a club in my area? Thanks!

Yarns Ewenique meets on Thursday nights in downtown FortWorth just off of Montgomery Ave. They are in the meetup groups. I live quite south of you in Arlington. I haven't found anyone down here who wants to meet so far. Keep trying!!

I'm in The Colony, TX, it between Lewisville and Frisco, and about the only one I know of is in Plano. If you belong to Revelry they have a community for the DFW area and I think they have a thread for meet-ups. If your not a member let me know and I'll have a look around there for you.

I'm a member. I'll have to go drop a message there too.

I know this sounds selfish, but I really don't want to go to Plano, Frisco, or the Coloy if I can help it. I'm always having to go somewhere else (homeschool group is in Frisco, DD's goes to CCCC at Spring Creek, we use the Allen library, photography club meets in Plano, etc.) I really just want to find something local. KWIM?

Well, I'm in Irving, which is probably too far South for you. Even still, I'd like to meet up with some fellow crocheters every once in a while. Weeknights aren't always easy for me, especially if I have to travel outside the immediate area since we don't get home until almost 6pm. I don't mind driving a bit in any direction - particularly if it's on the weekend.

I should probably just start my own thing here, and see who shows up. lol...

We have a Cafe Brazil just of 75 right when you come into McKinney. There’s a Half Price Books and Panera’s in the same shopping center. Tempted? lol…

I’m a long time crocheter and new knitter. I also digiscrap, so I’m multi-craftual!

I'd really like to find a local group of crocheter/knitters to meet with. I've been trying to Google groups, but I keep getting meetup.com sites and my webfilter won't let me see the pages. (lol...)

I live north of DFW, and would love to meet up and/or start a sit 'n stitch club in the Allen/McKinney area. Anyone else interested, or have any idea on how to find a club in my area? Thanks!

You might also put your note up here at C'ville in the Coffee shop under the Finding local people topic...

I

I know this sounds selfish, but I really don't want to go to Plano, Frisco, or the Coloy if I can help it. I'm always having to go somewhere else (homeschool group is in Frisco, DD's goes to CCCC at Spring Creek, we use the Allen library, photography club meets in Plano, etc.) I really just want to find something local. KWIM?

That's not selfish at all! It's such a large area around here and even at that sometimes a normal 10 min trip can run you 30 mins with all the traffic. ;)

Archived