Bead inside the fabric?

cjansen

I had a coin purse with the pearls flat in the stitch, not sitting on top the the fabric like they usually turn out when I stitch with beads.

Does anyone know how to crochet with the bead this way?

I wore the purse out before realizing I might what to see how it was made. and I want to make another.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a pineapple skirt right now and I added wooden beads to the last set of pineapples. If the hole in the bead is large enouth, you can make the stich through the middle of it. I wanted the bead on the right side of the work and put it in a row of trebbles. I'll have to re-figure out how I did it, but you don't have the beads on the yarn and you need a long stich to make it work.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I kinda figured out that if I make a stitch, then add the bead in a chain, then skip a stitch and stitch in next stitch like filet crochet then the bead sits down inthe fabric. I like the way the skirt sounds though I hope you post pictures.

Thanks

I had a coin purse with the pearls flat in the stitch, not sitting on top the the fabric like they usually turn out when I stitch with beads.

Does anyone know how to crochet with the bead this way?

I wore the purse out before realizing I might what to see how it was made. and I want to make another.

I saw a pattern once where you do a row of SCs and each had a bead. Normally I'd turn and create a row of SCs going back without a bead, but this pattern had you cut the thread, then join it back to the begining of the row and do another row of SCs with a bead. I wonder if that technique would produce the effect you mention?

Is it possible it wasn't crocheted? I know there's a beading technique called peyote that would produce an effect such as you describe.

Archived