difficulty using brown sheep wool

jpr54_

i am having difficulty using the brown sheep wool-

it is difficulty to pull out stitches when making a mistake-

i end up having to cut yarn and start all over again-

i am also having difficulty with rounds-i am getting frustrated-

joanne

Are you using lamb's pride? It's a bit strange to use if you've never used a single ply yarn before, though I've never had problems frogging it back...

Are you possibly working with a hook that is too small? For fulling, you'll want to work with a hook that is larger than you would normally use so that it has space to shrink and full together.

Can you offer any questions that maybe we can help you with? What problems are you having with the rounds?

yes, i am using the lamb's pride yarn-

and also using the recommended hook size- i will also try a larger size

thanx

joanne

When you have problems pulling out work it's most likely because your hook is going through part of a strand of yarn and not directly in the stitch. Is the lambs pride bulky or worsted? Try hard to go directly into the hole of the stitch and not part of the yarn itself ( hope this helps ).

Can you offer any questions that maybe we can help you with? What problems are you having with the rounds?

i have been adding too many stitches in the rounds-not sure why?

When you have problems pulling out work it's most likely because your hook is going through part of a strand of yarn and not directly in the stitch. Is the lambs pride bulky or worsted? Try hard to go directly into the hole of the stitch and not part of the yarn itself ( hope this helps ).

i am using the worsted-

yes, it does help

I was just crocheting with the wool last night and it's not when you go into a stitch but when you're pulling yarn thru that it's easy to catch the yarn. I was thinking about you because I've had this same thing happen and learned how careful you have to be with slightly fuzzy yarn. Good luck!

Archived