Question about Seraphina and yarn yardage.

I'm making a Seraphina out of Bernat Berella "4".

The skeins are 195yd skeins. If I have 11 skeins (2145yds) will I have enough to make the shawl and also be able to fringe the shawl?

I was thinking about fringing the entire shawl, but decided I didnt want to do all that work (I normally consider fringe to be a waste of good yarn).

So, I'm thinking of making some very basic (not very big) tassels and putting them in the shell stitches.

Anyone think that maybe I'll have enough of this yarn to tassel it?

It's either that, or I'm going to see if I can get another shawl out of the yarn. I got it on clearance at Michael's and havent seen this color in any of the other yarn stores. (color is True Taupe)

I'm going to have to dig into my stash, because I bought a varigaited Berella "4" several years back and never used it, and now I think I might finally have a use for it to make another Seraphina. Now that I can do this pattern, I'm a bit obsessed with it...I'm also doing another one right now with Hobby Lobby's ILTY.

That's a lot of yarn. It seems like it would be enough to me. It all depends on how large you want to make the shawl, and how long and thick you want the fringe.

Estimate the yardage for the fringe or tassels. My guess is it will take a skein, give or take a little. You'd have the remainer for the shawl. That seems like enough.

If anyone has done this shawl in worsted weight, maybe they'll know for sure.

A lot of folks have done the Seraphina with one skein (853 yards) of the Sensations Rainbow Boucle. That's without fringe, but you still should have way more than enough. I'm working on one now and I just started my third skein of Caron SS, which is 330 yds./skein and I think I will finish it with this skein.

Joan

Archived