My First FO

Mermaiden

Well, I started knitting nearly a year ago, but put my project aside due to a) issues with it and b) working on crochet instead! Well, my friend who helped me learn both had given me a great idea on what to do about my issue. 1st project was just a simple garter-stitched scarf. I wanted a Harry Potter scarf but they just didn't look good enough to me in crochet, so I learned to knit so I could make one. But, I made it too wide! WAY too wide! That's one reason I got so sick of it... it took twice as long as it should have. :lol I also somehow started making the thing WIDER as I went along. :eek:think

So anyway, she recommended that I sew 2 lines down it, then cut between the lines. This would prevent the stitches from coming unravelled after they're cut. Then, I could just stitch the 2 pieces together to make one nice, longer, skinnier scarf.

Well, I tried it and it worked! :yay I trimmed up the ends a lot but there were still a few scragglers so when I edged it, I used a fun-furry yarn that has some gold in it. I wanted a gold edging anyway. So here it is.

2551191380026294795NXEohk_th.jpg

(click for bigger)

Nothing fancy. but WOW! Finally. Such an accomplishment, rofl.

I am now working away (at a much more rapid pace!) on a Scribble Scarf pattern from Lion Brand. It'll be done pretty soon! Soo easy.. the same thing I was doing before, basically, except on fatter needles.... And, this one is coming out the right width, etc. :lol I wish I would have had this pattern as my first before I had a grip on what I was doing. Would have been so easy to keep count of just 20 stitches. Plus it is sooo easy to see your stitches when they're this big, and in alternating yarns. Ah well. ;)

th_knitscarf2.jpg th_knitscarf1.jpg

Archived