Pillowghans

Has anyone ever made one of these? I've sort of known about them, but have never made one until now, which I'm in the middle of making the squares for. I subscribe to About.com/Crochet and it was a topic of the day this week. I'm doing some stash busting to make my first pillowghan and was just wondering if anyone else has made one and if you'd be willing to share pics of your pillowghans. I love the concept, an afghan you can fold up into the pocket and make it a pillow when not in use as an afghan.

So if you've made one, please share pics...

I made one for my mom while she was in the hospital; it's at www.geocities.com/mrsd2688/momspillowghaninstructions , if you want to take a look.

How wonderful your pillowghan turned out...

http://members.aol.com/crochetalong/pillowghans.html

I used the pineapple granny from the above link for mine. I'm stash busting, so mine will be a rainbow of colors and using worsted weight and a bit of sports weight (some of the sports weight is almost worsted weight, it's so thick.) I need to get some black worsted weight to edge all the squares and then link them all together. I will not be whip stitching this puppy...I'm liking it so far and I'm one and a half squares from having all the squares done except for the black...which hopefully I'll get tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing Mrs. D.

Archived