Is Crochet Monthly the UK version of Magic Crochet?

MaryPat

I just saw this auction on eBay. In the US, I've never seen a Magic Crochet higher than #155.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Crochet-160-Crochet-Magazine_W0QQitemZ220201052275QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's item number 220201052275.

It says MAgic Crochet on the cover. Is this the same as the MAgic Crochet in the US that was published in France by EdiSaxe?

Yes it is, I had a subscription to magic crochet and decroative crochet and they stopped publising them, then a few months later I started getting this crochet monthly...they finished out my subscriptions with it and I never recieved any info but is says in the older MC and DC that they were published over there.... The sad part was, the CM was all older patterns that I had already gotten in MC and DC.... I really miss those two mags...

Yep, they discontinued the Magic Crochet and they sent me a few issues of the Crochet Monthly, too. They're not nearly as beautiful as the older issues of MC.

I'd been a subscriber since '84. You'd think that that sort of loyalty would tell the publisher something. Oh well, . . . .

Archived