Where do you stash your stash?

I have to find a better system, but my regular yarns is in a box beside my bed against the wall, next to it is one of those huge popcorn tins you see around the holidays, that has my novelty yarns in it.

Kim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stash my thread under my bed with 28 quart bins that slide perfectly under my bed:

010908002.jpg

For the rest of my yarn ... I installed adjustable shelving in my walk in storage closet and I colorized all my red heart yarn in bins that are marked by color. Then their are bins for "fuzzy yarn" , wool, cotton....ect. Also I have 2 small 3 drawer containers that sit on my shelves for hooks, tape measures, stuff.... and all my book and magazines are sitting between my bins! Mind you I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment with my husband and son! Lucky for them they don't collect to much stuff... or we would have no room! I usually have a project bag sitting next to the couch with what ever I am currently working on. But I am not allowed (LOL) to have "yarn laying all over"!

010908003.jpg

010908006.jpg

010908005.jpg

010908007.jpg

I love the sweater hanger idea! That would work for lots of things!

Bedroom closet. This works well since we just moved into a bigger house with a huge master closet! While the old house was on the market, I had to put my stash in storage for FIVE MONTHS--the horror! But we're reunited now.

Oh my, it's so nice to see that I am not the only one who hordes yarn!

I have yarn in every room of the house, except the bathroom...

I'm love those clear Rubbermaid tubs...

cimg0870.jpg

I've got the majority of mine in a large rubbermaid tote in the living room. The yarn balls are all innermixed, so it can be a hassle to find stuff but atleast I know it is in one place.

Then I've got this smaller tote I use for my "current" projects.

Archived