Has anyone ever made this raggedy ann & andy afghan?

good morning all,

I am wonder if any one has made this crochet afghan kit?

Here is the link to it. Afghan

I have never made a graph afghan before and while it seems like an easy pattern (made mostly in sc) I have a couple of questions the most importand being it isn't clear weather or not i'm supposed to turn the work at the end of the rows.I have a couple of other questions but i will wait to see if anyone has made this before i list them here.

thanks

Danuci2

I have not made this one. When you work from a graph, you do turn at the end of each row. It's like this..

You'll always crochet the same direction but each row will have you working the graph from a different direction.

Chain whatever number amount called for

Row 1 - work from the graph right to left turn

Row 2 - work the graph from left to right

Is that understandable?

Sheryl

To continue on that note, carry small bobbins or balls of the yarn instead of huge skeins. Make a color copy of the graph so you can cross out the rows as you go, and start from the bottom of the graph and work up.

Oh my goodness...like I need another project but I'm gonna have to order this eventually...I have a sister who is totally into Raggedy Ann and Andy...I had the pleasure of meeting the granddaughter of the creater of the Raggedy's at the Raggedy Ann and Andy Musuem in Illinois...wonderful lady...

What confused me was that they never stated to do a turning chain or anything.so i wasn't sure if i was suposed to turn it or not.I bought this at hobby lobby .Normally it sold for $40.00 but i got it on clearance for $10.00!:woo

I wish they would have had more of them i would love to make some more for gifts.I have seen these kits selling for as much as $75.00! Ouch.I think it's cute but that's a bit too much in my opinion.

thanks everyone for your help .I will post pics of my progress,and of course when i finish.

Danucia2

I have not made this one. When you work from a graph, you do turn at the end of each row. It's like this..

You'll always crochet the same direction but each row will have you working the graph from a different direction.

Chain whatever number amount called for

Row 1 - work from the graph right to left turn

Row 2 - work the graph from left to right

Is that understandable?

Sheryl

Archived