Warm Up America event questions

alchemyfyr

Hi. Tomorrow there is a 4 hour event at my local AC Moore. The first hour is teaching basic knitting and crocheting. Second hour is for Warm Up America, third is for making preemie hats and booties, and the fourth hour is for Joining squares for Warm Up America.

I am thinking about going for the middle two as my daughter will be napping for my husband, but I wondered what happens at these events. Do I bring my own yarn to make items and donate what I make? Do they provide the yarn for us to make items to donate? Do we buy the yarn and hooks there at that time and then make items to donate?

Thanks for any info!

I called first and the lady who answered didn't really know so went to ask and came back and said she thought I had to either bring my own or buy it there. So I brought a couple of skeins and hooks and left them in my car in case. I went in and there were a couple of ladies so I browsed around the yarn a bit then went over when I saw an employee sitting there. They had a bin of yarn to choose from and hooks and needles available so I sat right down and began crocheting a rectangle.

There were about 8 of us and we talked quite a bit. It was very relaxed and we just worked on whatever we wanted to whether a rectangle for Warm up America or a preemie hat. I was telling them about this site and knittinghelp.com as most of them were beginners and every one of them wrote down the website so we will soon have new friends to join us!

I only had a short time while my daughter napped so I did one rectangle and half a preemie hat which they let me take home the whole skein so I can finish it and bring it back. I plan on making as many hats as I can with the skein and also using the other skeins I had brought with me as I don't think I'll use them for anything else. It was fun and I'm glad I went!

Archived