Yarn winders or nostepindes?

Gran

I've been using a Jimbo nostepinde and quite like it. I'm not too fast at it, but I like its low tech, primeval nature. Any other noste fans feel equally at home using yarn winders?

I had a similar query not so long ago. Being cheap, I use a squished up kitchen roll inner tube as a nostepinne which is great for small amounts and/or heavier weight yarns. But when you have 1000+ yards of laceweight, the yarn winder is essential IMO, especially when coupled with a swift. Turns 30+ minutes work into 5 :D

hmmmm a thousand yards! That might require a slightly longer noste, eh?

heh

i agree for that much yarn i'd spect a yarn winder probably is the answer. That or you'd end up with forearms like Popeye.

Glad you like your noste, Gran!

I got mine off eBay but ended up buying 2 - the first one had been well-used and the teeth on the gears had worn which resulted in very uneven 'cakes' of wound yarn. It was sold in aid of a charity so I didn't try to return it but I'd recommend getting one that's marked as new.

I think they're all manufactured by the same company in Japan but branded by various others - the only difference I've seen is whether they come with red or blue trim.

Archived