When and where do you crochet?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom used to crochet when I was a kid and she always wanted to try and teach me but I was never into it. I attend AA meetings and about a year and a half ago one my close friends there started crocheting in the meetings. I'd notice a lot of women crocheting and knitting there. When my friend started doing it it looked fun so she recommended the book that taught her and I went and got it. At the time I was recovering from my recent diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, so crochet became a lifesaver since I wasn't working. I crocheted mostly in meetings and at home when I had the energy.

The BEST thing about it was, it gave me strength back in my hands and arms!!!! The MS had kinda zapped my hands, but crochet brought them back!!!!:yay

I started taking squares with me when I'd take Grandma to doc appts. I took it on a trip when my bf had a work conference and it kept me company in the hotel.

These days I'm working again. Back to doing phlebotomy and I give crochet a lot of credit for that because it keeps my hands limber. I don't crochet nearly as much, but after finding this forum on Friday, I spent most of yesterday starting a new afghan!!!!

Thats my story in short form tee hee. I left a crochet bag on the seat of my car once, and my car got broken into, the bag stolen. All that was in there was a half finished beanie. My hook even fell out of the bag. Found it on the floor of the car. So they got the bag and a pair of scissors along with the half finished beanie. Grandma got me a nice craft bag to replace it. Now I never leave crochet bags in plain site. Ok I'm shutting up now, for real. :D

Archived