When and where do you crochet?

Hi everyone :)

I have couple of questions for you..I was wondering when do you find time to crochet especially if you have little kids like I do?

I find it very hard to sit down and complete a row of an afghan with my little gril around.

So I do most of crocheting at work :hook I have a cool job :) you must admit. :manyheart

And I was wondering how much time do you spend crocheting during the day?

I spend maybe 1 - 3 h, it always depends. And sometimes I don't even have time to think about it :blush

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I crochet around chasing of kids, waiting at appointments, cooking, cleaning... sometimes it's only a couple of stitches before I'm off again, but every little bit helps!

(Most of my work does happen after the boys are in bed and husband is watching soccer, though.)

I don't have kids, but I do live in home care for an 85 year old, who has a broken hip right now and can't get up by herself or do anything else for herself, so it's just like taking care of an infant, I try to get a few rows in while she is napping, but it seems lately that every time I pick up the hook, she's calling me. I have not gotten much done lately.

At night when the little guy is sleeping and if I don't have an on line class then. I don't get to crochet as much as I would like, so I sneak it in here and there. It's great when I want to veg out in front of a movie and keep my hands busy.:)

I crochet during my lunch hour at work. Then in the evening, I will go into the bedroom (where my cats are NOT allowed) about 9:30 pm and crochet until about 11 p.m. On weekends, I get to do more since I stay up later on Friday and Saturday.

Listening to all of you with little ones at home brings back memories. My sons are grown and on their own so now its just dh, 3 fur babies and me. I usually crochet in the evenings. I substitute teach a couple days a week so I sometimes crochet during lunch and planning periods after I've done my "planning." I take a project with me to doctors appointments, to coffee klutch with mil and sometimes I'll even sit in front of the computer with crocheting.

I get ready for work and crochet a bit before I set off. If i am working late I park up somewhere nice and crochet in the car. I crochet while waiting to pick the kids I look after up from school. I crochet when I get in from work. in front of the telly (stops me snacking) When I babysit I take my crocheting and tell the kids I look after they can stay up if they are quiet and let me crochet lol. They usually beg to go to bed and I am there saying one more row lol.

In the summer I sit out in the back yard and crochet while my ferrets play round my feet.

I almost get nervous when I sit and I am not crocheting. I also have been known to take my crocheting to the pub. I also crochet at friends houses.

The way I solved this when the boys were but wee ones was to give them big (size "N" or better) plastic hooks and yarn and let them have at it. The eldest actually did pretty well for a while :yes Now it's just cats to deal with. :lol

I am also lucky to have a great job and a great boss, so I get a lot of my crocheting done at work. Whenever we take a car ride of any considerable duration, I use the time to crochet. I crochet at the doctor's office in the waiting room and even in the exam room while I'm waiting for him to come in to see me. In fact, it has gotten to the point that my doctor now comes into the room with a big smile on his face and says "what are you working on this time?" I really should make him something and take it to him on one of these appointments. I have to go see him Monday morning, perhaps I can come up with something I can whip up over this coming weekend. When friends are over and we're sitting around chatting, I am never without a hook in my hand, or when DH and I are just sitting around watching television at night. In the summer I sit out by the pool with my crocheting, and when it's not cold out I sit outside on our balcony with my hook and yarn. There's not much of a time during the day OR night that I don't crochet if I'm not doing something else that absolutely prevents me from doing it, I'm thoroughly addicted!

Elle

Whenever I can and where ever I can get away with it without it disrupting others. I swear my family thinks I'm worse then Sam I Am after he discovers he likes green eggs and ham.

I will crochet in a box,

I will crochet with a fox,

I will crochet here and there,

I will crochet anywhere.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I work two jobs and the second is thankfully from home. Most of what I do is during those working hours, especially for afghans. Something where once I have the pattern down, I don't have to think about it much. Otherwise it's while watching tv or movies at home.

The last few months I have been a crochet maniac. As I look around my house and especially this room where my computer is, I realize I have been spending waaaaaay too much time crocheting and not enough time pushing the vacuum, or a dust cloth :lol I have been going through a kind of personal upset and crocheting is what has saved my sanity.

But as to when and where I crochet? The when is, whenever I sit down :D, the where is mostly at home when I am watching TV. I seldom take my crocheting to work with me. I am a hairstylist and no matter how much you clean hair is everywhere and any crochet project is like a hair magnet :(, that's the downside, but the upside is, my little salon is only about 200 feet from my house, so I don't have far to go once I am off work, to get back to my crocheting.

I crochet at home everyday after work. My kids will watch me some but most of the time they play somewhere and I squeeze in as much as I can. (I work with 2 year olds all day, some that have bitten me and this is my way to not go nutty on my own kids. I think they understand that) But most of my crocheting is after they go to bed or weekends.

I am a housewife (not by choice, I had a stroke and now I also have fibro), so I crochet during the day in front of the TV with my yorkie napping by my side.

I would like to crochet more, but sometimes I get very ill and I have to put it down. :out

Crochet and come to the computer is pretty much all I do. I can manage only light chores around the house.:tired

I do most of mine while watching TV in the evenings (it's one way I can stay awake while sitting down:) ). I also will have a project at my kitchen table while I'm cooking that I can go over and work a few stitches at a time. I'm working on a large granny afghan in the car while riding too.

I do most of my crocheting on the subway traveling to and from work. I have anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour each way depending on how slow its going. I've gotten so used to this that I've learned to crochet while balancing myself and not hold onto a pole when there are no seats. I get alot of stares.

Luckily for me, my oldest is in full day kindergarten so I only have the 16-month old to worry about. Most of my crocheting gets done while he is napping (after the dishes and laundry and whatever else....darn pesky chores!) or after they both go to bed, which is about 8-ish. Usually about 2-4 hours a day. Unfortunately I am a slow crocheter so I don't get as much done as I would like, but hey, at least its getting there!

We dont have any babies of our own......yet.....just 3 furbabies. I crochet usually in front of the t.v. I take it to places we stay overnight (like if DH is hunting that weekend & we stay at his mom's house), on the road if its more than 30 minutes away. DH is a truck driver so sometimes its late for him to get home so I crochet & wait. I pretty much crochet instead of dusting and vaccuming the house! Any free time I get, I crochet. I gotta lot of projects on my plate right now and gotta get them done! :hook

Whenever I can and where ever I can get away with it without it disrupting others. I swear my family thinks I'm worse then Sam I Am after he discovers he likes green eggs and ham.

I will crochet in a box,

I will crochet with a fox,

I will crochet here and there,

I will crochet anywhere.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Thanks Auntie K, I love it.:hug

I can also crochet whenever I want. Being a domestic goddess once the housework for the day is done, out comes the hooks and yarn. :crocheting

My boss doesn't mind if I crochet in the office (once all the necessary work is done). I do my best crocheting in airports and on planes (have to travel for my job). I try to do it at home, but I always have so much to do at home with my 3 daughters and my medically retired father.

Archived