Knitting Machine from 1975

My mom gave me this last week, she said she got it from my Uncle's house who passed away 2 years ago. Still trying to figure that one out, never married, no kids, maybe he was a closet knitter, who knows?

But anyway I played with it last night with some fun fur that I had left over. I made this scarf in about 10 minutes. It works just like the i-cord machine, so now I will be able to make wider handles for my purses, the tube ends up being about 2-3 inches in diameter

Just thought I would share my new/old toy.

Michelle

I bought something like that just recently at Toys R Us for a young girl I know. We were trying to figure it out and like you, it reminded me of the Icord maker. Same principal except there's a handle to crank which turns the wheel. I even thought it was good enough for those that didn't know how to knit but wanted knit items. I found tho that the 'hooks' didn't always catch the yarn as it went around. Did you have that problem? Do you think it had anything to do with the tension gauge??

I didn't have any problems with it. I do know that your yarn needs to be very loose and move freely into the tension arm. I was afraid that I might break it, being old plastic but It worked really well. I crank'd it as fast as the yarn would travel! The hooks caught the yarn every time, And I had no missed stitches. I seen one of the new ones at Michael's the other day on clearnace for $20.00, if it is still there I just might open it up to see if it is made the same way.

Michelle

The one I got at Toys R Us was about $20 as well. It was more of a toy but worked OK, we just needed to play with it more to get the tension right I guess.

Archived