My experience with Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks

I posted this today on my blog, but am also posting it here for your reference if you want to prevent or already have wrist problems, tendonitis, arthritis, or just discomfort from crocheting...

Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks are wonderful! I can crochet for hours and hours without discomfort or pain or numbness! It's amazing! It took a few weeks for my wrists to get better from the preexisting twinges of soreness caused by the regular crochet hook handle style, but after using the Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks since September (4 months now), my wrists/hands/fingers are not sore even after hours and hours and hours of crocheting. One exception: My wrists will get a little sore after hours of using a smaller crochet hook (such as a D) with a thick, tacky type of yarn (such as Perfect Match) - but if I use the appropriate size hook for the type of yarn, all is well!

-Cheryl

My blog: Cheryl's Arts 'n' Crafts (crocheting mostly!) | My 63 Squares Crochet Along Gallery

Guest ParchedWhisper

I am guessing those are the ones with the wide hand part? That is good to know.

Would you get the same effect from buying just the handles that can slip onto the hook yourself. I want one of these days to have a few TOTC hooks, but I also to still have feeling in my wrists and hands.

I started out using those blue cushions. They do help but you can't get them for bigger than a G hook. They are especially nice for thread hooks. I do have one G in clover. I do like it, just takes getting use to the odd shape of handle, it is not perfectly round.

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI use the blue cushions on my hooks up to L.

I have two of the Clover hooks and like those, too, although I prefere the extra wideth of the blue cushion. I just keep wearing the blue ones out! :D

Guest TANROET

What are blue cushions and where do i get them.

Tam .... who crochet hand and arm is about to fall off from too much crocheting

They are in the crafts section of walmart, hanging amongst the hooks. (for boyle type hooks, not sure if they fit any others, cause I don't have any others :lol )

Archived