Looking for some inspiration

jasmom

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some inspiration. :( Can't seem to find any patterns that inspires me. I'm looking for a book w/ patterns that are easy, works up (relatively) fast and practical. (I prefer coats, cardigan and sweaters). I don't want it to be "too fancy" but something I can wear everyday. The books I have are: SnB, Positively Crochet and Total Crochet Fashion, Sweater Bea? - Fabulous and Flirty Crochet, Amazing Lace (too fancy) to name a few.

I know it's a tall order but does anyone have any suggestions out there on a crochet book that fits that bill?:think

Thanks everyone for the help!

I agree with EBB. I do love the SnB. It has a little bit of everything, but more on the newer trendy side. I don't know your tastes, so I can't say for you. They are easy and work up great, but I think it only has 2 items that I can think of that would fit what you are looking for....not very cost effective if all you want is 2 patterns out of one book. Positively Crochet is nothing but clothing if I remember correctly. Again, whatever style works for you....

Crochet in No time by Melody Griffiths has some cute designs, and gives estimated time to complete each. there are women's tops, cardigans, and kids' clothes and toys.

Have you looked at Everyday Crochet by Doris Chan? the designs are things you can wear everyday. The directions require attention but I think the results worth it. The designs allow for a lot of flexibility.

Archived