A request

Hi all-

I am looking for some guidence. I have the idea to make a felted heart bowl/basket. I want it in the shape of a heart and have been able to find the basic shape pattern, but am unsure how to make the sides... Can someone explain it to me? When I get it the size I want it to me to I just chain the same amount of chains to build the wall?

Thanks!

What you might try is what I see a lot in purses/totes. When you get the base the size you want it, on the next row do a row of sc in the (front or back, I don't remember which) loops only, then go back to following your stitch pattern. This creates a natural "fold" so you should start going up from there. This sounds beautiful!!

I agree with the Heather above (I'm Heather too...LOL!). When you get your heart to the size you want, just stitch in the back loop only of the next round and just keep going around and around with no more increases until you get it to the height of the "walls" you want. It will create a "fold line" that will disapear during the felting process.

The surest way to get straight up walls is to use the FPsc technique all around the outside stitches.

This shows how you start it fpsc1.jpg

And this shows how well it works compared to the Back Loops technique. (The top one is the FPsc)

fpsc4.jpg

Archived