traingle shawl size

How big should a triangle shawl be? I mean, where should it hit you on your arms?

I'm makingmy first, a Seraphina, and just ran out of yarn. I feel like it's a bit too small, it comes about to my elbows when I wrap it around me.

I know it's really personal preference, but is there a rule of thumb?

I'd say it's really just a matter of personal preference on how far you want it to wrap around you, and also it's relative to your size. What fits on me may not fit on someone else, so it's kinda hard to give specific size for a rule of thumb. :) I personally do feel it should wrap around a bit more than that, else it would not stay on too well. Maybe enough that it could be pinned closed with a shawl pin, or long enough to tie the tails around you, or just long enough where the ends can wrap around your arms. If it's not at least that big, it's not really serving much function.

Thanks. I think it's almost big enough. I can hold each end in my hand and stretch my arms out and it's long enough. When I wrap it around me it falls at my elbows.

I think I'd like it to come to about midforearm though, so I need to find some more yarn.

Archived