Does anyone belong to the doily series?

moomieof3

I just wondered if anyone, belonged to the House of White Birches crochet doliy series, where you get patterns every month. If so, how do you like it, I wondered before I ordered it if it was worth the money, and if they have alot of nice pretty doilies? Thanks!

They have quite a few doilies. I've made a few of them. Some of the patterns you can see if you look on ebay. People occasionally sell them by the sheet. I got it for awhile and stopped. I mean, how many doily patterns does a person need? or, I'd buy a book with more in it etc. I think I like the Leasure Art ones better, but that's just me.

Here's the link:

http://www.whitebirches.com/products/display.html?prod_id=64&cat_id=47

I didn't even know that there was one and when I went to search it - I still couldn't find it -- could you tell me the website you saw it on so I can go take a peek? thanks jenn

I really appreciate everyones response, I wanted to make sure before I started this because it is alittle expensive each month for 8 patterns,I will probably wait and stick to buying what I can see first. I wish they'd show you ahead some of the patterns. Thanks again!:yes

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up for the House of White Birches doily series when this thread was started and the link was provided, and I promptly forgot that I had done it. So yesterday (Friday) I was TOTALLY surprised when I received a box from the House of White Birches, because as thrilled as I was to have gotten a package in the mail, I couldn't figure out what it was or why I had gotten it! :think

When I opened it, I was elated to see my doily stuff! :yay There was the binder, plus a doily newsletter page, a couple of pages on different stitches and how to do them, the dividers, and eight very pretty patterns for beautiful doilies. There was only one pattern that I looked at and went "meh... I'm not that impressed with this one", but I was oooh-ing and ahhhh-ing over the others. I was quite happy in general with what I had received.

I used to subscribe to six magazines that I received every month, but since I joined Crochetville I had pretty much stopped reading magazines by the pool and had started taking my crochet out there with me every day instead. So as my subscriptions ran out, I didn't bother to renew them because I figured the money I was spending on those was money I could be putting toward patterns, yarn, thread or hooks. I was spending a lot more than $10 a month on the magazines, so this is a very good deal for me. I'm going to go along for a few months to give it a try, and as long as I am happy with the majority of the patterns they send each month I will remain a member. I am of the opinion that one can never have too many patterns. I don't buy any crochet magazines at the store unless there is a specific pattern that I want, so this is going to be a fun way to build up some different doily patterns. Although, I have resolved already for 2008 that after the holidays are over and everyone's gifts have been bought and given, I am going to treat myself to the Patricia Kristofferson books. I'm just SO inspired by the Shrone and her magnificent work! I even followed her to her blog and commented on her work there! Poor woman is going to think she has a stalker! :rofl

Elle

I was receiving this collection a couple of years ago. I quit after I filled one whole binder. I love the doilies from here. I wish now I would have continuted with them. I know a lady who has 3 full binders. True, you may not do them all, but I feel it was well worth the money spent.

Seal

Archived