Clover Reflections Crochet Hooks

Has anyone here tried the new Clover Reflections Crochet Hooks in the small or large size? Before I buy a set of these I would love to get someone else's opinion whether they are worth the price.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maggie

I have both sets and I LOVE them! I have too many hooks because I've tried so many different types and materials...these are my favorites.

They're longer and wider than most others I've tried. They kinda look like toothbrushes :) I was crocheting while waiting at my dd's gymnastics class, and a little girl asked me, "What are you doing with a toothbrush and yarn?" LOL!

I like them even more than the new Provocraft ergonomic hooks. And with a coupon, they're a good deal! Hope this helps!

Tina

:manyheart I bought the larger set and I just love them. They feel very good in your hand.

When I crochet for a long time, I sometimes get pain because I am gripping the hook too tight. I made a hat with the purple one and after 3 hours of crocheting, I had no pain at all.

They are definately the best hooks I have tried.

If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, there is a 40% off coupon this week in your local paper. Or go on their site and print out the coupon. I will probably go this week and get the smaller hooks, of course with the coupon. Then it's not such a bad price.

I am looking forward to starting a large round ripple using one of the hooks. They are worth it.

I just got the large set last week, and used the K hook on a project I had in progress. I had been using a luxite(?) hook, same size, and it was just breezing through the yarn.

The Reflections hook did not move as smoothly as the other hook. I'm not too keen on acrylic hooks as they have a tendancy to 'stick'. The Reflections hooks did not 'stick' the same way most cheap acrylic hooks do. But they didn't glide the way the luxite hooks, and Clover's Soft Touch do, either. However, their wonderful handles are very similar to the Soft Touch, but larger. Altogether, I'm not as happy as I might have been with them, but I'm still satisfied with them. I'm considering purchasing the smaller set.

• 1 month later...

Archived