Need help...please!

Daydreamer-girl

I really like the pattern too. It looks like the first two rows are shown as instruction for special pattern/stitches. (In this case, it's a lace stitch)

The main pattern start below the picture. Hope it verify some things. It took me a bit of time figuring it out. :blush

If you still have some problems with special rows. Classic Crochet and I will be glad to help out. I might try it along with you on this thread. I have some thin yarn in mind!

"In the next row the holes are alternated; the neckerchief must of course be increased at the beginning and end of every other row."

You repeat row 1 and 2 with the increases at the beginning and end to the desired length.

Is it really that easy? Hmm...maybe I´ll be able to make it after all then. I´ll have to give it a try with some leftover yarn afterwards, just to be sure before I buy yarn.

How much yarn do you think is required? I´ll be knitting with yarn with gauge approx. 23 sts = 4 inches or 28 sts = 4 inches.

Maybe tahlara can help with the first question. Since she is going to work the pattern I think she would be more help than I.

On your second question, knit 1 purl the rest of the row is how I am reading it as well.

I hope you post picture when you are done, I would love to see it!

It's very late now. I will check the pattern tomorrow, probably make a swatch out of it. I already have the pattern printed out. I will try to give you some answers by thursday night.

After this pattern, I discovered it is not for me. So far I figure out that it work well for me after I cast 8 stitches for the lace stitch. The back of neckscarf is softly rounded, not pointed. Basically, I increase from the rounded bottom end to the pointed ends. I did the increases on even rows on both sides. I only did few rows of the lace stitch.

Do you still want a picture of it ? I will be out of town for the rest of the weekend. I will take one next week if needed. I also did the edging with no problem.

Archived