Please Help with crocheting Baby Booties

Valerie

Question

Hi,

I'm crocheting baby booties for the first time and am having trouble with the pattern. The pattern is in Baby Layettes and Afghans by Leisure Arts little books. It is pattern #4 on page 22. The picture of the booties is on the front of the book. I am having trouble making the cuff. If anyone has ever worked this pattern or could maybe walk me through understanding what it is saying it would be very helpful.

The pattern reads.

round 1: with right side facing, join yarn with slip st in same st as joining on Rnd 5 of Sides; ch 3, dc in next sc and in each sc around to Instep, dc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of Instep; working in end of rows, dc in next 2 rows, dc in seam and in next 2 rows, dc in same st as Instep joining and in each sc around; join with slip st to first dc: 22 dc.

The problem is that I'm coming up with too many stitches. How many dc's should I stitch in the Instep. The pattern isn't quite clear to me.

Thanks,

Valerie

3 answers to this question

valerie, are you counting your chain 3 as a stitch, its a very common mistake that people make, if you don't count that as a stitch, then each row your adding another stitch and it won't be even. let me know if ya need more help.:hook vicki

Thanks, Vicki,

I'll check that out. I'm not quite sure why I've got too many stitches.

Valerie

valerie, are you counting your chain 3 as a stitch, its a very common mistake that people make, if you don't count that as a stitch, then each row your adding another stitch and it won't be even. let me know if ya need more help.:hook vicki

Hi,

See my original question below. I solved the problem with the stitch count. Now I am trying to figure out how to stitch across the instep. If anyone has a clue would you please advise. As of now I am really confused.

Thanks,

Valerie

Hi,

I'm crocheting baby booties for the first time and am having trouble with the pattern. The pattern is in Baby Layettes and Afghans by Leisure Arts little books. It is pattern #4 on page 22. The picture of the booties is on the front of the book. I am having trouble making the cuff. If anyone has ever worked this pattern or could maybe walk me through understanding what it is saying it would be very helpful.

The pattern reads.

round 1: with right side facing, join yarn with slip st in same st as joining on Rnd 5 of Sides; ch 3, dc in next sc and in each sc around to Instep, dc in same st as last sc on Row 1 of Instep; working in end of rows, dc in next 2 rows, dc in seam and in next 2 rows, dc in same st as Instep joining and in each sc around; join with slip st to first dc: 22 dc.

The problem is that I'm coming up with too many stitches. How many dc's should I stitch in the Instep. The pattern isn't quite clear to me.

Thanks,

Valerie

Archived