Crocheted washcloths

I think you're better off using cotton. It washes and wears so well, and someone said in this thread that acrylic might cut or scratch skin if used for washing.

I started making dishcloths/washcloths last week and used this easy pattern:

http://hometown.aol.com/wolfwitch77/favdcloth.html

It's Tunisian crochet but don't let that scare you. Tunisian is really easy and there are tons of videos and tutorials on the internet. I couldn't figure out the crab stitch edging so I've just been doing single crochet for the edge and it works fine.

I just used the first crocheted washcloth that I made.

I'm not sure what to think about it. It is kind of thick and heavy.

I tried it both with soap and shower gel. I think I like using the shower gel with it best.

I'm going to try some different stitches in other cloths and see if I can find a pattern that makes the cloth seem not so heavy.

This first one is sc all way across every row, then trimmed with a chain 3, sc, border.

I finished one yesterday using the Bernat Kitchen Cotton. The stitch pattern was just hdc, ch1 across. It seems a lot more open than the picture in the book so I may have to go even smaller than the G hook they recommended. I started another one with some V stitches, dc clusters, and sc, ch3 repeats (each different rows) and again it seems a LOT more open than the pic. I will try these for myself and play around with smaller hooks and see what I like. After finishing it, I was so excited and I went to take a shower and I forgot the cloth on the edge of the sink!!!! My husband laughed at me when I told him I forgot to use it.

Archived